Sunday, March 1, 2015

Learning to Use Watercolors With Miss Cleo


http://chauninejoy.tictail.com/products/originals
Concept sketch and final painting of Cleo the Goldfish from Pinocchio.

One of my favorite characters in Pinocchio is sweet little Cleo the goldfish swimming in her bowl in Geppetto's workshop. She is a forgotten Disney Princess if you ask me.
She was an easy choice when I was looking for something fun and colorful to paint and learn a little more about working with watercolor paints. I am still in the process of learning how to work with watercolor and how each new layer affects the layers I put down before. A few of the highlights that I add at the very end are white acrylic paint or white gesso.

http://chauninejoy.tictail.com/products/originals
Here you see the pen and ink outline I did of her before I started to add layers of color.  I started by first adding the soft pale yellows as a base to start building up layers of color and eventually end up with her beautiful, glowing, golden color.


http://chauninejoy.tictail.com/products/originalsNewman, true to form is as close as he can get to the artwork I am working on.  He would be sitting on it if I would let him get away with it. He is supervising me as I paint and thinking that Cleo would probably be pretty tasty.

Chaunine Joy Store Originals
 
Overall I'm really pleased with how this cute water-baby with her flirty eyelashes turned out.

*´¨)
                ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) 
                                 (¸.•´ (¸.•´        Chaunine Joy




No comments:

Post a Comment