Sunday, March 1, 2015

Singing Jack-O-Lantern - Haunted Mansion Holiday - Nightmare Before Christmas



http://chauninejoy.tictail.com/products/originals
One of the singing pummpkins from the Haunted Mansion
Nightmare Before Christmas Holiday at Disneyland.

When two of my favorite things, The Haunted Mansion and the Nightmare Before Christmas come together, it's a beautiful thing.
I'm working on my watercolor painting skills. In the past I've used watercolor pencils quit a bit which gives me a lot of control on where the color goes when I'm working on a piece,but I love the glow that you get when you work with watercolors in the more traditional sense.   


http://chauninejoy.tictail.com/products/originals

I started with this concept sketch of some of the singing jack-o-lanterns to get a feel for what I wanted to do. I just love the blues and whites of the snow in contrast with the orange and yellow glow of the pumpkins.  That color combination is one of my very favorite combinations to work with in acrylic.  I was excited to start experimenting with watercolors and see what they could do.

¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪   There's children throwing snowballs, instead of throwing heads   ¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪   They're busy building toys and absolutely no one's dead   ¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪


http://chauninejoy.tictail.com/products/originals

In the end I'm really happy with the way the colors came out and already onto my next piece of Cleo from Pinocchio.

*´¨)
                ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) 
                                 (¸.•´ (¸.•´        Chaunine Joy





No comments:

Post a Comment